Thursday, February 5, 2015

They're having a girl

I mentioned this the first time in my post Happy and Sad at the Same Time but my brother and sister-in-law are pregnant, and due about a month and a half after Elisa's due date.  Well, yesterday they found out they are having a baby girl.

I have so many emotions, yes, I am happy for them, but I am also sad and angry. Our "gender reveal" appointment, on November 18th, was supposed to be a happy appointment, but instead it was when our world started crashing down.  We didn't have a full diagnosis at that point, but we knew something was really wrong. Our OB Dr K didn't want to finalize anything before we saw the high risk doctors, but it was apparent at that point it was unlikely our baby girl would make it.

Not only am I flung back to that horrid day when our world came crashing down, but it just seems like added insult that they are now having a girl too.  I know it wouldn't fix everything if they were going to have a boy, but it would make it a little less hard.

Now I will see my niece be born a little over a month after Elisa was due to come in to this world. And I know the reminder won't stop there.  For the rest of my life, I will look at my niece and think how my Elisa should be doing the same things, learning to talk, learning to walk, going to her first day of school, going on her first date, but she won't because she isn't here.  Why does all of this have to be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment