Thursday, February 12, 2015

Getting back in to Crafting

Along with singing and playing the piano, one of my other favorite pastimes is to craft.  I haven't done much crafting since Elisa was diagnosed. I did some cross stitch while on bed rest, but mostly I couldn't get myself motivated because everything I wanted to make would be for her, and it would just make me too sad knowing she likely wouldn't be here to enjoy them.

But today, I decided to work on something somewhat simple, to get me "back in the game". So I decided to do something for my girls.

A few days after Elisa was born, I did a little online retail therapy at amazon.  Luckily I didn't end up with a bunch of stuff I didn't need, I was actually pretty intentional in my purchases.  I bought a few books on baby loss, and then these Willow Tree figurines of two children, Called "Two Together"


I love the Willow Tree figurines.  After we got married, we bought the  "Promise" (one of the couple) we also bought the Angel's Embrace when we lost Luca (and we will probably buy another one for Elisa). And this year for Christmas Mr V bought me the nativity scene!

When I bought the two children, my plan was to make little angel wings to put on them.

So here is what I did:

Bought some 24 gauge wire from the craft store, and some Loctite glue (OK I am going to admit it, I totally bought it because of the ridiculous Super Bowl commercial).


















I wrapped the wire around my fingers and then wound it around to make little wings.

The I glued the wings to the Willow Tree Figures, and tada my two little angels :)




I think at some point I will add a little flower in their hair, or some kind of pink bow, to show they are my girls, but for now this was a good start to get me back to crafting!








1 comment:

  1. Awesome.love the wings... ( my sister works for the glue people you mention they would be happy to hear, that their commercial **worked** ) I went on a crafting mission today.. & utter fail.. I didn't find the right materials to do what I wanted yet. I found saw an idea to make some crosses, with our sons' names & dates. I just didn't find the correct materials/inspiration to 100% start.. Another day..

    ReplyDelete