Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Second day back - harder than the first

Today was a lot harder than yesterday, which I wasn't expecting.  Yesterday I had welcome backs and albeit only a few, a couple of sorries.  I was also consumed yesterday by the 700+ emails I had to catch up on, so I was occupied by relatively mundane tasks .

Today however, everything was pretty much fully back to "normal" only one person asked how I was, and my normal workload started pouring back in. Meetings, analysis requests, reviewing and finalizing reports.

It's as if I was never gone, as if nothing happened and I was screaming inside all day saying "Say something!"

I am not saying I wanted everyone going around giving me a pity party.  The hardest thing for me is that people don't acknowledge that my baby girl existed.

Mantra for now...One day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment