Wednesday, January 7, 2015

More appointments

We had to take an unexpected trip to the doctor yesterday  because my blood pressure spiked. Because little one has IUGR I am more prone to developing preeclampsia.  For the last few weeks the doctors have told me to check my blood pressure daily and keep track of any increase in headaches. Since around Christmas time my blood pressure had been hovering on the higher end of normal and the last week or so I had been having headaches.  Yesterday  my reading spiked over the 140/90 "you need to call" mark and so we called and they said they wanted me in ASAP.

Luckily when we got in to the office my blood pressure was below the 140/90 alert, but still on the higher end (how I was MORE calm going to the Dr. quickly? I have no idea! :) ) But because of the headaches and it still being on the higher end of normal they did some blood work. The said they would call last night or today if it was a bad result and if I didn't hear anything that "no news is good news". I didn't hear anything today so, I hope that means we are OK for now (knock on wood), but I am going to call tomorrow to double check.

I still have to keep a very close eye on my blood pressure because preeclampsia could sneak up at anytime.  I am not used to being so "high maintenance".  I have always been so healthy (which I am so grateful for) it is an adjustment to get used to knowing my body just isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing right now.  But I will keep on the look out, I need to do it for baby girl and I need to do it for my own health.

While at the office yesterday they did ask to do another Doppler check on baby girl.  As always I was so nervous.  I am just so scared that one of these days there will be just static from the Doppler and that our baby will be gone.  Both Mr V and I let out a sigh of relief when her little heart beat did come through over the Doppler.  It was about 138, so lower than it has been throughout the pregnancy, but still strong and loud.

Yesterday we were officially 26 weeks. We are thankful for one more day with her and cherish every day after we may get.

No comments:

Post a Comment