Wednesday, July 15, 2015

More loss in the family

I don't even know where to start tonight.  I really can't believe that we have experienced another loss in the V family.  I haven't written much about it on here, because it doesn't have to do with baby loss, but a few weeks back Mr V's older brother had a stroke.  He seemed to be on the mend and was recovering very well but Monday he had a second stroke and rapidly declined.  He passed away Monday evening at only 41 years old

So now we have flown to be with Mr V's family and are facing another devastating loss.

My heart is just broken. Broken for my own pain, broken for Mr V's pain and broken for his mother's pain.

On this upcoming Monday, three days after our 5th wedding anniversary and exactly 6 months after Mr V and I held our daughter for the first and last time, we will be burring his brother.

Mr V has lost so much, I feel like everyone he loves is slowly being taken from him. His father, his daughters and now his brother.  When will the sorrow end?

And then there is my mother-in-law, I cannot even find the words to describe her pain.  I know all too well a mother's sorrow, but I do not know the sorrow of losing a child after 41 years of life. I do not know the compounded grief she has after having lost someone from every generation around her, her own mother, her husband, two siblings, two granddaughters, and now a son.  She has been so strong through all of her losses, faithful that God is looking out for her, but yet again tragedy has struck.

For now we are out of town with Mr V's family, and I know we will get through these next few days of funeral arrangements and logistics, but I just am so worn down from hit after hit, sorrow after sorrow and once again having to return to the real world with another new normal.

1 comment: